Thursday, November 12, 2015

Rest Stop

I'm sitting at a rest stop in Minnesota.  Don't ask me how long I've been here, or when I might leave.  I honestly have no idea on either count. I just needed a break for a few minutes.

Chris's funeral is tomorrow.  I've driven 450 miles and have another 650 to go.  I don't think I'll stop and sleep.  I don't think I could sleep if I tried.

I've been talking to one of his friends on Facebook.  I feel such an overwhelming desire to reach out to people who loved him.  I knew him for such a short amount of time that it sometimes feels like a dream.  I need validation that it was real.  That he was real.  And he really was just as amazing as I know he was.

He felt like people didn't like him, but I don't see that at all.  I know people always have nicer things to say after someone dies.  But some of those people are genuinely grieving.  I'm sure his family is devastated, although I haven't talked to any of them.  His mom is the only one I've ever met, and I don't have her phone number.  I'm not sure she would want to talk to me anyway though.  But I know this has got to be so hard for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment